TD4 Crankcase Filter

rustymark

Hi all

If you order 8510298 from your LR stockist you will receive the housing and filter.

If you order LLJ500010 you will get just the filter which in most cases helps most problems.

this also fits the TD6 Range Rover engine as the TD4 and TD6 are the same engines apart from the obvious 2 cylinders.

cheers

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info,pics etc guys, did mine today and went well :)

Can't help it though, I have started a doubt in my own mind that I missed putting the plastic part (see pic) back in! Logically, I reckon BMW would have supplied a shiny new one with the replacement/upgraded kit I ordered and it seemed a very tight fit for the new part but it's niggling!! Tell me I'm not crazy and I did it right please?! :)

Thanks in advance

post-26591-079980700 1287086962_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

We are still selling these on ebay, but unfortunately we have had to put our prices up.

BMW have increased the retail price and of course, the VAT has impacted making this breather now retail at £49.15 inc VAT @ 20%. We still want to shift these so now have them on ebay for £46.99 inc VAT and still with free postage.

I know it's not a massive saving..... but a saving is a saving ! And we'll be sending them out by 1st Class Post rather than an overnight courier.

Hi all.

We are still selling these on ebay, but unfortunately we have had to put our prices up.

BMW have increased the retail price and of course, the VAT has impacted making this breather now retail at £49.15 inc VAT @ 20%. We still want to shift these so now have them on ebay for £46.99 inc VAT and still with free postage.

I know it's not a massive saving..... but a saving is a saving ! And we'll be sending them out by 1st Class Post rather than an overnight courier.

How much for just the inner part that BMW were selling for under £25 last summer.

Hi.

This is £23.35, so not so bad !

Hi. I'm wanting to do this mod but am a little unclear of one thing. Will the BMW cyclonic filter fit straight into the existing Freebie housing? And if it does, what parts stay and what parts are discarded? (I'm thinking of seals and that rather flimsy looking plastic bracket that retains the original filter.)

Fitted my new filter yesterday. It was a straight swap on my 2001 MY TD4 and took less than an hour including taking photos.

The old spong filter was completely saturated, so who knows when that was last chnaged. Can't say I've noticed any change in power, although I can't really see how it would, to be honest. I'm content just to know that it works better than the original part though.

Hi.

Still reading this thread with great interest !

We can supply just the cyclone filter part, still BMW if req'd.

Does this breather also fit Range Rover TD6 ?

Cheers !

Sorry for the late reply - came from another board. Is the reason you asked this question because BMW do this with the 3.0L M57 motors? Is there a TSB from BMW on this (could you post or post the jist of what it says?)? Does this solve the turbo failure problems?

This looks like the same breather as on the M57 in the RR TD6.

It is a TDV6 in the range rover

No, it is the TD6 in the FFRR (L322). It's the TDV6 in the RRSport and Disco. Completely different motors.

I done my Freelander yesterday,not a bad job to do,changed the air filter when i was on.i put the new seals supplied with the crankcase filter on too-had to put a notch in the new filter to fit, and give the unit a wipe out,the old filter was quite black--so a good job done and now i can forget about changing another filter.--- ---Dave