Fuel Line

phil200tdi

Hi All

I have just replaced the rear floor on my 200tdi disco but while drilling holes seem to have drilled through the top of one of the fuel lines... Not amused.

Question is how to repair?

- can I just get a small in-line fuel filter/non return inline fuel valve off ebay, cut the fuel line either side of the hole and plum it in??

- How much is a replacement fuel line only about 3m length as from the tank to the fuel filter and where to find one - nothing on ebay/paddocks etc...

What is the diameter of the fuel line, anyone know?

I realise I need to bleed the air out - easy job??

cheers in advance

Phil

I believe the line is rigid plastic? Buy a short length of 8mm I/D rubber fuel hose and two pipe clips for the same (10mm). Cut the damaged line and slide the cut ends into the new piece and tighten the clips (not mad tight though or the pipe will distort and leak). If the engine still starts, then just start it and the air will bleed out. If not, then bleed the fuel out of the pipe by hand priming it on the lift pump - bleeding out of the fuel filter housing.

Les.

I believe the line is rigid plastic? Buy a short length of 8mm I/D rubber fuel hose and two pipe clips for the same (10mm). Cut the damaged line and slide the cut ends into the new piece and tighten the clips (not mad tight though or the pipe will distort and leak). If the engine still starts, then just start it and the air will bleed out. If not, then bleed the fuel out of the pipe by hand priming it on the lift pump - bleeding out of the fuel filter housing.

Les.

Brill, is this type of fuel hose readily available on the high street, Halfords etc?? Starts and runs rough so sounds like I may not need to bleed the air - Less work is always welcome :rolleyes: ...

Phil