Warn TI Motor?

Warthog

Could anyone tell me if the standard splined shaft on most warn winches will fit the Warn TI?

I have a friend that has killed his TI motor and is looking for a cheap alternative.

I have suggested that maybe the champion 6.5Hp for £95 could be worth considering?

Cheers for any advice

Mark

Could anyone tell me if the standard splined shaft on most warn winches will fit the Warn TI?

I have a friend that has killed his TI motor and is looking for a cheap alternative.

I have suggested that maybe the champion 6.5Hp for £95 could be worth considering?

Cheers for any advice

Mark

Hi Mate,

I cant advise on the fitting to the warn Ti, but Ive just bought one of the champion 6.5hp's first impressions are very good (managed to snap two brand new wires at the weekend!), hopefully it will stand the test of time?

The fitment of the champion is exactly right for the 8274, the only difference being a location tab is mising from the bottom of the motor to the winch casing.

One very slight annoyance, the pole connectors on the motor are slightly different, rather than the 3 powers on top and earth underneath, the champion has two on top (f1 and f2) with third power and earth on the underside, had to do a little re-routing of the bedded in wiring.

[assume its for JJ?]

[assume its for JJ?]

Yep, he is looking for something cheap to chuck on the winch for this weekend coming. JJ reckons that the splines are different to the standard warns? Just doing a bit of research to hopefully get him a cheap motor.

Talking to JJ and Derek from LRS off road at the weekend, Derek mentioned in the area of £320!!!!

The Bosch motor which is unique to the Warn’s Ti and HS winch’s is expensive but I have found them for just over £200 ( If I recall Devon 4x4 and Arbils sell them ).