fitting a diahatsu 2.8 td

crazyfarmerboy

Hello

i have been given a diahatsu 2.8 td to scrap as it is the most rusty car i have ever seen. however the engine is in perfect working order and has only done 33,000 miles. i want to know if it will be an easy conversion into my 110 which has a land rover td but the gearbox and transfer have broken. Will it be easier to fit a landrover engine to the diahatsu engine or keep the diahatsu gearbox with it's engine. thanks

Why not just stick it in with the diahatsu gearbox and transfer box?

Prop shafts are in the right placethey are a nice short combination, only real hastles would be lack of a transmission brake on the diahatsu box and the 4wd is switched on vacume.

one solution would be to use a diahatsu f50 transferbox as these have a transmission brake and they have 4wd selection on a lever.

You'll have to get choppy with the passenger foot well, besides that it's pretty straight forward but I'd bin the alternator with separate regulator set up...... Oh squeezing the exhaust in is a bit interesting... Go for it....

How many times has the engine been round the clock.... :D

You'll have to get choppy with the passenger foot well, besides that it's pretty straight forward but I'd bin the alternator with separate regulator set up...... Oh squeezing the exhaust in is a bit interesting... Go for it....

How many times has the engine been round the clock.... :D

Luckily it is original as an old man who bought it new and kept it until 2004 when it failed it's Mot. since then we have been using it as a farm car but now the brakes have seized on and a leaf spring has snapped. very sweet engine and it starts every time first compression. thanks for your help