Wiring Diagam needed for P38 please

MikeO

You need something called a RAVE CD. They come in different versions, as information got updated, but basically they contain the Workshop Manual and the ETM (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual).

If no-one pops up and offers you one here, then look on eBay but DO make sure you ask the seller that what they are selling is for the UK market (and not the US market), and that it covers a 2000 MY (Model Year) Range Rover. Other Land Rovers are covered on the same CD, but that's not a disadvantage.

The CD is designed to operate under any version of Windows from 95 (I think) onwards.

These CDs were never available to the public, so every copy you see is a ripped off copy of a Dealers version.

These are no longer available as all current Tech Info is available on-line, via a subscription service.

http://www.landrovertechinfo.com.

I'm not certain of the costs, or the shortest subscription period, but the other method of getting the information is to sign up, then download file, after file, after file, after file etc. You get the idea.

The snag, as a newcomer, is that you don't really know what you want. For instance, although the BECM is electrical, the best description of it's functionality is in the Workshop Manual.

You can buy the WM and the ETM in paper form from Land Rover, at about £80.00 each.

Although you can't post a wanted ad in the Classified forum on this site, you can browse it to see if people here are offering copies of RAVE for sale.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showforum=5

Edit 20/1/06

As Geoff has corrected me, you CAN post a wanted ad. I've not been in that section of the forum before, so just had a quick look to get the url and spotted the '20 postings' rule, although even that confuses by saying 'nudge nudge, you'll probably get away with it, new forum and all that'.

I wouldn't in fact call a RAVE CD dodgy. They have been on the open market too long, with no action by Land Rover, and are now obsolete anyway.

Whatever, the basic information is in the post, all yours MikeO

David - A newbie with a Member Number of 118, compared to newbie MikeO's number of 847.

Never mind, it isn't serious, I know my post count is low on this iteration of the Forum.

Although you can't post a wanted ad in the Classified forum on this site, you can browse it to see if people here are offering copies of RAVE for sale.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showforum=5

Wanted ads are permitted in the classified forum :) Although anyone flogging something as obviously dodgy as a RAVE CD would probably get their ad pulled to protect the forum. 'Fraid I don't have one for the P38a, but some kind soul may well be able to send you a copy.