2.5td starting problems

Icedmunkie

I have fitted a 2.5td to my lightweight and have been having starting problems.

So far its had:

Working lift pump

Working injector pump and new pipes throughout.

the timing has been checked as per les hensons article and is correct but still won't start. I am having to do my tappets as there way out and i don't think the valves are working correctly, once this is sorted should it work right or is there something else I could look at.

I have bled the system through and there is no air in the system now and gettting fuel to the injectors unless an injector is fualty?

it seems i am banging my head against a wall, I had this engine fitted to my 90 and some one ****ed the timing and it bent all the exhaust push rods which now replace but i rember that it sometimes would run properly and sometimes not but that was down to the injector pump as far as I can remember.

Any ideas would be very welcome!!

Have you tried tow starting it?

If it will start with a tow, but not on the starter - you may have poor engine compression.

Les.

Yes I did and it start but that was before I put the new rocker in. I am thinking too it could be poor compression but seemed alright when my friend checked it.

I did the tappets this eve and its better but still won't start, it tries too but won't, its really begining to get tiresome :(