Which beadlock wheels?

A mate has just bought a set of 10 inch modular rims to fit a set of second hand Simex 35x10.5R16s I sold him - not sure where from but they were around £60 a piece from what I remember. They have a really small backspace too (2 inch ?) so steering lock is good.

I can ask him for details if you want a set to tide you over ?

Thanks Dave, although I used to have a set of 10" rockathons with little backspacing and with the small lift I have got they rubbed like crazy! The rims were just too wide as I haven't got a body lift. I don't want to lift it up anymore as it is really stable when I get the suspension sorted! I need an 8" to 8.5" rim with 3.5" backspacing, then the tyres do not rub even on full articulation.

Yep there's always one on here............. :rolleyes:

I was thinking along that line. get 4 mods, cut out the centres, move them back to get my 3.5" backspacing and then weld on some beadlocks to give me the 8" or 8.5" width rim, providing I use a 7x15" wheel to start with. The only problem with that is I keep having to ask a mate of mine to do it all for me as I do not have a welder!

I shall put a welder on my christmas list......... :P

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a set of Gary's weld on beadlocks on the Toy Rover - excellent value and work a treat. I've never popped an inner bead, even running at well under 10psi.

How many different sets of tyres have you had on the Bobtail now Rhys? The buy once, buy right principle has got to be worth looking at by now hasn't it :lol: