Club Rules

tuko

Knowing that there is a diverse group of users here and being members of many different clubs, I'm looking for your input on CLUB SAFETY RULES.

Our small club back in Canada, has been expanding in recent times and activities have drawn larger crowds. One thing that we have thought about as of late is the fact that we don't have actual rules or any form of guidelines written down so that we can inform the new members/participants of simple safety guidelines. ie: winching or trialing or green laning. etc.... Simple personal and property safety.

Wold you guys/gals steer me in the right direction with links or comments here so that we can put together some guidelines that will be beneficial to our club.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Todd.

Most rules will be common sense. If you put yourself in the perspective of a spectator and how you would want to be protected the rules will fall off your tongue. Again put yourself in the drivers seat and see what rules you'd want to protect yourself.

Don't forget about enforcement too - it's very well to have policies, visions, risk assessments, training registers, stakeholder maps, communication plans, contingency arrangements, first aid training etc etc etc but if you don't enforce it on the day it's worth squat - in law and on the ground in broken bones etc. You need to have all your officials (and members, and public visitors ideally) bought in to the idea of "no accidents", so the whole club supports the idea and there's firm, fair advice and a clear constant message whenever someone steps out of line.

I work in a very safety-conscious industry and I do a lot of this stuff. If you want any advice on setting up your risk assessments etc I'm happy to help by PM where I can.

Many thanks for the links/advice and email on club rules, guys.

The combined information that you gave us is helping greatly, as we should be able to pump out something that is beneficial to the members of our club.

Cheers,

Todd.