Some MemoryMap Questions

MogLite

I know there are a lot of MemoryMap users on here, and I can't find any sensible info.

If someone can point me to a list of file-types. or a decent FAQ, that would help. But I've got 2 specific questions.

1. MMI files, they seem to be a list of locations, I've got loads of identical ones, just with different filenames. Can I tidy these up into one file ?

2. The elevation data, the QED files - do these need to be the same name as the map files, or does it work on some location etc.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

not sure on the specifics, but i have found a lot of useful stuff on www.pocketgpsworld.com

plenty of POI's to grab, and if you find a program called poiedit you can convert garmin and tomtom files to work as poi's with MM.

I think that the elevation data has to have the same name as the map it relates too, otherwise you could get random mountain ranges in the middle of salisbury plain?

found this in with a set of maps

*.qct - These contain the actual graphics that are shown on screen, typically

the map, but the could also be aerial photographs, map legends etc.

*.qed - These contain the elevation data. once you have the elevation data for

an area you can view the map in 3D and see route profiles.

*.mmi - place name index file. This is a database that will help you locate places

on the map.

I know there are a lot of MemoryMap users on here, and I can't find any sensible info.

If someone can point me to a list of file-types. or a decent FAQ, that would help. But I've got 2 specific questions.

1. MMI files, they seem to be a list of locations, I've got loads of identical ones, just with different filenames. Can I tidy these up into one file ?

2. The elevation data, the QED files - do these need to be the same name as the map files, or does it work on some location etc.

Thanks

Each QED file contains it's own positional calibration, so *probably* can be called anything you like.

According to the info I have, the MMI files have absolute position records for each object in them, but I've never delved into them.

Dave