Discovery 300 TDi Special Vehicles...????

rivington

Hi, the Discovery I just bought is a 1995 300 TDi 3 door and it has special vehicles on the back door and also a vin type plate under the bonnet saying special vehicles etc.

I have owned 3 Disco's and never seen or heard of this before.

Does anyone know the difference if any?

I think SV were responsible for the commercial versions of the Discovery (and freelander for that matter). I suspect your truck left the factory without any windows behind the b post, and no rear seat. If it has these now it is likely they have been added afterwards.

It is of course possible that it has some other hidden history, but without more details of the physical state of the vehicle it would be hard to tell...

hth

Mark

IIRC special vehicles do all the non standard work. This included spring upratings etc so for example it may have had heavy duty springs added which meant it had the special vehicle badge added.

IIRC special vehicles do all the non standard work. This included spring upratings etc so for example it may have had heavy duty springs added which meant it had the special vehicle badge added.

mine is a 3 door 300tdi with this sticker on the back i dont think its any different to any other

mine is a 3 door 300tdi with this sticker on the back i dont think its any different to any other

If you can get hold of James Taylor's book, "Land Rover Discovery 1989 - 1998", you will find a chapter on Special Vehicles. I can recommend this book as it covers the Discovery from Design and Development and all models up to 1998.

Publisher: MOTOR RACING PUBLICATIONS LTD, Unit 6, The Pilton Estate, 46 Pitlake, Croydon CR0 3RY, England.

ISBN 1899870 40 7