Late RRC headlining colour

Snagger

Hi folks.

My '95 Classic's headlining has finally succumbed and fallen away from the backing. I don't want to replace it with an after-market item because a> their quality is poor, and b> because this is a "soft dash" with a one-piece lining without a sunroof, which no-one makes replacements for anyway.

The plan is to re-cover the original backing. Could anyone please tell me the name of the colour used on these - it's a very pale beige fabric, while the rest of the interior (except the windscreen surrounds which match the roof) is light grey.

Thanks!

Hi folks.

My '95 Classic's headlining has finally succumbed and fallen away from the backing. I don't want to replace it with an after-market item because a> their quality is poor, and b> because this is a "soft dash" with a one-piece lining without a sunroof, which no-one makes replacements for anyway.

The plan is to re-cover the original backing. Could anyone please tell me the name of the colour used on these - it's a very pale beige fabric, while the rest of the interior (except the windscreen surrounds which match the roof) is light grey.

Thanks!

I got good results with this stuff from woolies I used the light grey and very nice it is too. You need the 54" stuff. A call to them might help you get some in the right colour that you want, but the light grey wont look out of place as most RRC had that anyway. cost me about £30 all in for trim. Think about buying the glue from them too. you want a slow contact adhesive really so you can smooth out any problems.

I got good results with this stuff from woolies I used the light grey and very nice it is too. You need the 54" stuff. A call to them might help you get some in the right colour that you want, but the light grey wont look out of place as most RRC had that anyway. cost me about £30 all in for trim. Think about buying the glue from them too. you want a slow contact adhesive really so you can smooth out any problems.

My 94 soft dash has the light grey trim in fact..

and soon have to go down the route of re upholstering or changing the thing anyway.... started sagging badly now....

I thought that there was an aftermarket option for them but reading snagger's post seems that there is not...

ah well seems that trimming them again seems like a good idea.

Well, it's an odd colour, hence my hesitation. It's a pale beige-grey, neither one nore the other, and it's not dirty either.

Here are some photos to try to show the colour. They're not great for that, but the one of the A pillar shows the contrast between the grey and this colour (the plasic wind screen surronds match the head lining perfectly). I also included a photo showinmg the complete single-piece lining that is not available from after-market suppliers.

post-4758-1225015441_thumb.jpg

post-4758-1225015460_thumb.jpg

post-4758-1225015476_thumb.jpg

post-4758-1225015554_thumb.jpg

Well, it's an odd colour, hence my hesitation. It's a pale beige-grey, neither one nore the other, and it's not dirty either.

Here are some photos to try to show the colour. They're not great for that, but the one of the A pillar shows the contrast between the grey and this colour (the plasic wind screen surronds match the head lining perfectly). I also included a photo showinmg the complete single-piece lining that is not available from after-market suppliers.

That looks a LOT like the one I ordered, seriously. Ill nip out and take a couple of shots then add them.

The code from woolies for mine was SKU: 285-GRY-E if you want them to match it.

RR

post-6579-1225021691_thumb.jpg

post-6579-1225021743_thumb.jpg

post-6579-1225021785_thumb.jpg