battery 096 will it fit

pinny

hello im looking at putting a transit battery 096 in the disco currently has a 072 battery which is the recommended at 550a the transit is 680a oviously the terminals are opposite which aint too much of a prob but do you think the extra amps will help cold cranking in the mornings any views please the 096 is 12mm longer so will fit chris

A 072 battery has a CC of 660 and 096 has a CC of 668 and are the same size.

Have look here........http://www.performancebatteries.co.uk/battery_information

We don't know about your disco but a Td5 battery has a CC of 110

I don't think it will make a lot of difference - an 072 is sufficient - but might help a tired engine a bit. Extra amps are never a bad thing!

(Except in the event of a short circuit, before some smart&rse points that out :rolleyes:)

the prob ive got in a cold morning the cranking speed is greatly reduced ive replaced the starter motor cleaned the engine to chassis earth etc if i stick jump leads on it it will turn over no prob its charging ok and the batery isnt very old .i was just looking at options without putting 2 batts under the bonnet i wish i could find somewhere to fit a jcb battery ,chris

the prob ive got in a cold morning the cranking speed is greatly reduced ive replaced the starter motor cleaned the engine to chassis earth etc if i stick jump leads on it it will turn over no prob its charging ok and the batery isnt very old .i was just looking at options without putting 2 batts under the bonnet i wish i could find somewhere to fit a jcb battery ,chris

RU Are you using the correct grade of engine oil ?

Edited by BogMonster
Edited to remove "txt spk"!!

RU Are you using the correct grade of engine oil ?

This post has been edited by BogMonster: Yesterday, 08:43 PM

Reason for edit: Edited to remove "txt spk"!!

Sorry BogMonster will not happen again, Onest :( Can I take it that you will correct my spelling mistakes as well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

regards