D44 Swivel Shock Mounts

benbenukuk

The bushes I have at the moment don't last very long and even when I put new one's in they still have lots of movement, I just had my MOT and got two advisories for the rear shock bushes and I only had them on for about 3 months if that, hopefully it will cure the problem, maby I could spray with wd40 or use hammerite to help keep the mud off? Ben

Try using Polybushes and do NOT do them up tight at all.

If your getting through bushes - they are cheap and a few mins to change, when you have £200 worth of steel on steel, you'll have the same issue (WD40 won't sort it) and a HUGE bill

What are you running spring mounts shocks etc at the mo so we can see if there is another reason mayeb ?

Nige

Try using Polybushes and do NOT do them up tight at all.

If your getting through bushes - they are cheap and a few mins to change, when you have £200 worth of steel on steel, you'll have the same issue (WD40 won't sort it) and a HUGE bill

What are you running spring mounts shocks etc at the mo so we can see if there is another reason mayeb ?

Nige

Im running +2 springs procomp +5 shocks, std shock mounts and have dislocation cones. Ben

What sort of securing do the top of the damper mounts have?

Early ones just had a hole for s split pin to hold the bush together. On later mounts the split pin was replaced with a thread and nut, making it possible to get bush reasonably tight. Holding these bushes on with split pins used to be a constant head ach with the series LRs, making sure the bushes were tight enough to satisfy the MOT. Having changed to Gwyn Lewis mounts on the RRC, I no longer have that issue and the bushes haven't caused any problems.

Im running +2 springs procomp +5 shocks, std shock mounts and have dislocation cones. Ben

My preference would be to save your money an get some Gwyn Lewis challenge spring mounts clicky ere

You will have to unfortunately have to buy a couple of new rear shocks (as these mounts use the front shock/pin mount), but still cheaper than the D44 swivals (at £225/pair) and a simpler better engineered solution to the problem of eating bushes.

One of the guys I co drive for uses these on his challenge truck, and they are very very good :rolleyes:

An added bonus is that you also only need to carry one spare shock, as they will all be the same!

gwyn lewis looks like the way to go :) could I use these instead of getting new shocks? http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/c...r-kit-287-p.asp cheers. Ben

Yep looks fine, forgot that they did those kits! Just check the closed length of the shocker on full articulation, as with that kit the shocker assembly will be 2 - 3 inches longer. Also a quick call to Gwyn Lewis wouldn't go amiss to check there compatibility!

Doesn't that mean that the upward travel will be limited by the shock being over-length for the setup?

If so, then no wonder you are knocking out the bushes -they aren't designed to work as bump stops.