Aldon Ignition

discodave

Hello everyone, I've been reading on the tech archive about Aldon electronic ignition systems for the 3.9 v8 efi. The Aldon website has a bewilderbeasting amount of possibilities, does anyone know offhand which is the right system for a late 1994 3.9 v8 efi disco auto. I've sent a message to the aldon people but thought I'd ask the question here for any advice from you old hands. Ta. DD :blink:

I'd save myself £100 and use this, runs a silly sports coil without issues.

Hey fridge, I tried locating that amp as I was going to upgrade mine (before megasquirt became a reality for me) and no-one round my area (Hull) could find the amp for me..didn't know it existed, and when I searched google, all I got was a few descriptions.

Hi discodave, your disco has electronic ignition fitted, so do wish to replace it ?

Yes, that's right teabag, you can shoot me now if you like,:lol: it is electronic already, I know coz I've just checked. :blush: Reminds me of the steep learning curve I encountered when I bought my 300, the depth of my ignorance knows no bounds. :rolleyes: Obviously I was only asking to see if you all knew! :P I did find the replies interesting as ever though.....cough....in this town we ask questions first and shoot later :hysterical:

It's not so daft, the older Rover ignition amps were really carp and expensive so a £25 GM one is worthwhile. The newer types were less carp and cheaper but still unlikely to put up with a 0.7 Ohm coil, which I was running happily on my RR with GM amp.