88 Rangie V8

Rocket

ZF 4 Speed with a LT230

Yep axle will fit, check that both shocks face forwards on both your 90 and RR which they should at these years, its a nuts bolts and PITA job but worth it

HTH

Nige

Hi Nige

How did I guess it would be you that answered!

Good news on the Axle. My shocks definitely face forward but I'll have to check the RR. Re the LT230 would that by any remote chance be a 1.192:1 ratio? and would you happen to know if the RR half shafts, diffs and CVs would be interchangeable with those of my 1989 V8 Ninety?

Cheers

:P:lol::D

Rear Half shafts no,

Rear diff yes,

Front CVs no,

front shafts no

front diif yes

front casing Yes

Rear Casing no

Nige

Oh!

I guess I can see why the rear half shafts are different because they probably have fixed drive plate on the wheel end but do they have the same number of splines at the diff end? and if so won't my shafts fit? Whats different about the rear casing?

On the front of 90 I think I have a dodgy spline on the front nearside between CV and halfshaft.

So wouldn't I be able to swap mine fore the RR?

Cheers

Oh!

I guess I can see why the rear half shafts are different because they probably have fixed drive plate on the wheel end but do they have the same number of splines at the diff end? and if so won't my shafts fit? Whats different about the rear casing?

On the front of 90 I think I have a dodgy spline on the front nearside between CV and halfshaft.

So wouldn't I be able to swap mine fore the RR?

Cheers

Ha;f shafts on drummed axles are differnt to disc, they have the same slpines into the diff tho at this age - 10 spline

Casing is completely different at the wheel ends, and they are not interchangeable as a casing with a disc saxle casing

RR axklesd and 90 axles are completely different inside, CV on RR are seperate to the stub shafts, 90 have a one piece CV with stub shaft, the CV on the diff side have a selection of sizes, 1988 probably the weakest at 32 spline, and won't fit into 90 cv, but the diffs are 10 spline so will fit the 90

It wouild be very clear if you pulled the 2 front axles apart !

Nige

Ha;f shafts on drummed axles are differnt to disc, they have the same slpines into the diff tho at this age - 10 spline

Casing is completely different at the wheel ends, and they are not interchangeable as a casing with a disc saxle casing

RR axklesd and 90 axles are completely different inside, CV on RR are seperate to the stub shafts, 90 have a one piece CV with stub shaft, the CV on the diff side have a selection of sizes, 1988 probably the weakest at 32 spline, and won't fit into 90 cv, but the diffs are 10 spline so will fit the 90

It wouild be very clear if you pulled the 2 front axles apart !

Nige

Thanks Nige

So when HD half shafts are mentioned for V8s this only refers to different splines on the wheel/CV end? so are all diffs regardless of engine or year 10 spline (I'm only talking about coilers here!)?

Cheers