lift another inch

yogibear47.lee

hi i want to lift it another inch to 3" i have a 2" lift kit on (springs and shocks) with some 265/75/16 and i think it need another inch which way can i do it, what else would i have to do with it.

im getting some plus 2" extended brake lines, will i have to lower the rear shock mount and get a lower front turret

hope you can help

With a 2" lift, the 265/75 tyres will be fine, with extended arches you could run 34" tyres (possibly 35") but with a 3" lift you could run a true 35" tyre no problem if you had extended arches (as this is what I have) so really there is no reason why you would need to lift it up another inch as really you want to keep the car's centre of gravity as low as possible.

HTH

its got extended arches, just dont think it look right to be honest

12lh6.jpg

look alright there

dont look right on the front

19ox6.jpg

it might be me it has a 2" pro comp lift kit

I'd say it looks fine... Is there a pic like the top one but of the drivers side..? Back wheel looks a little far forward? :unsure:

its got extended arches, just dont think it look right to be honest

it might be me it has a 2" pro comp lift kit

Hmm, only thing I would say is that with better offset wheels it would make the arches more worthwhile, and your potential steering lock would improve...

With a 2" lift, the 265/75 tyres will be fine, with extended arches you could run 34" tyres (possibly 35") but with a 3" lift you could run a true 35" tyre no problem if you had extended arches (as this is what I have) so really there is no reason why you would need to lift it up another inch as really you want to keep the car's centre of gravity as low as possible.

HTH

#this maybe a silly question but how would an extra inch make that much difference to the 35" tyre as the bump stop remains in the same place so on hard articulation you will have the same problems as a 2" lift.

only asking because i have 35" tyres, 2" lift and want to if im losing out somewhere

cheers

Yep a 2" lift also works fine. I have extended bump stops, +70mm springs and the gwyn lewis challenge setup. My bump stops never get hit unless the wheels travel vertically up, i.e it bottoms out. What this means is that my extended bump stop is now too short as it was designed for a 2" lift and is therefore 1" too short. The travel is still the same, but is an inch higher to start with and therefore when the wheel is at the top of its articulation, it is an inch lower than on a 2" lift. The correct solution is a 2" lift and a 1" body lift. This way it is only the body going up higher and keeps a little more weight lower down, which means the car's centre of gravity is lower. That is if you need a 3" lift for your tyres.

Some 35" tyres are actually bigger than others. I ran 35" mickey thompsons that measured around 34.5" tall and I am now running simex that are 35 1/4" tall. The tyres width also plays a big part in how high the car needs to be raised etc.

Yep a 2" lift also works fine. I have extended bump stops, +70mm springs and the gwyn lewis challenge setup. My bump stops never get hit unless the wheels travel vertically up, i.e it bottoms out. What this means is that my extended bump stop is now too short as it was designed for a 2" lift and is therefore 1" too short. The travel is still the same, but is an inch higher to start with and therefore when the wheel is at the top of its articulation, it is an inch lower than on a 2" lift. The correct solution is a 2" lift and a 1" body lift. This way it is only the body going up higher and keeps a little more weight lower down, which means the car's centre of gravity is lower. That is if you need a 3" lift for your tyres.

Some 35" tyres are actually bigger than others. I ran 35" mickey thompsons that measured around 34.5" tall and I am now running simex that are 35 1/4" tall. The tyres width also plays a big part in how high the car needs to be raised etc.

ok cheers as i say i have 35s ,2" lift but forgot to mention 1 1/2" body lift so should be covered, havent used the car much yet so dont no exactly how it behaves. thanks for the info

also i think the disco looks fine. if it works ok and its only looks your basing the extra inch on i wouldnt worry

I\'d say it looks fine... Is there a pic like the top one but of the drivers side..? Back wheel looks a little far forward? :unsure:

no mate i havent, i thought that but its the flare arches what make it look like that here the pic off my old landy with out any, about half off the lenght of the arch has been cut

p1000914rt6.jpg[/url][/img]

12lh6.jpg

i know its not the same side but you can tell by the pic