LS engine CAD Models

chrism

Anyone know of somewhere i could get a model of an LS1, preferably a solidworks part or assembly file? I only need external dimensions really as i want to start designing a buggy around one.

Im not sure which gearbox i want yet so i will probably cross that bridge when i get to it, unless some one has a complete engine/gbox/tbox drawing that looks suitable!

Also a model of a front mog 404 axle would be nice but i can measure most of it from one of my axles

Any help appreciated

Chris

Chris, it didn't exist when I was looking a couple of years ago. I asked on LS forums in the States, but it seemed these things were closely guarded.

I ended up making a wireframe model (lifesize).

The very basic dims are all over the net, enough for you to cobble together a rough physical model of the outline.

Al.

There is a diagram of the basic Mog axle dimensions floating abour, but its not specific enough to have portal box geometry.

If you have the axles, just spend 3 mins with a tape measure???

Just how precise does a mock up need to be anyway - its mostly about the shaft centrelines and clearance of hubs / brakes etc for the wheel.

Al.

or you can buy a resin block - has all the mounting holes in the right place so you can mock up to your hearts content and lift it in and out with one hand :)

Stumbled upon this Ebay trader: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Engine-Replica-w-v-c...1742.m153.l1262

They seem to be able to order different models of Engine and Transmission?