Won't start on petrol

Running (very) low on lpg tonight, flipped to petrol on the M56 and the engine didn't kick in after the usual 2 second pause. Had to pull on the hard shoulder in rush hour and summon the AA. they appeared with flat bed truck after about 3 minutes. took me to lymm services where i topped up the lpg and drove home. No matter what I do, it wont start on petrol, although it is turning like a mad basket. Starts first time on lpg.....is there a wire off somewhere?? fuel pump?? suggestions please....too dark to look tho!

It could be the shutoff valve. Check to see if the fuel is been fed to the carbs. Or your relay to switch the fuel pump on. Is yours an open system or closed. Mine I have to drain the carbs first before switching to lpg. But I can flick the switch back to petrol with no problem. Only snag I had was the amplifier unit on the side of the distributor knacker. Result a very wet and confused RAC Repair man and a nice pickup journey home for me :D . Sadly I was going to work at the time :wacko: . Oakesy 1988 v8 3.5 petrol/lpg manchester

:wacko: . Oakesy 1988 v8 3.5 petrol/lpg manchester

'84 110 with 3.5 V8 on LPG and petrol here, just as a matter of interest, how far do you get on a tank of gas? Mine takes 25/30 quid to fill and I only get 90 miles.

Going to adjust it when I get back on the road and see if I can do any better, I need to advance the timing more I think. :unsure:

'84 110 with 3.5 V8 on LPG and petrol here, just as a matter of interest, how far do you get on a tank of gas? Mine takes 25/30 quid to fill and I only get 90 miles.

Going to adjust it when I get back on the road and see if I can do any better, I need to advance the timing more I think. :unsure:

Around 120 - 135 on mixed driving........best ever is 174.......last night it was on 169 when it sputtered to death. oh. and I pay 46p per litre in Eccles.

Fixed problem - wire was off the fuel solenoid. sheesh!!!

60 ltr lpg tank mainly mix usage. But fair to say maybe 125miles without pushing it on lpg. I wish there was a better system in emptying the carbs faster except reving the ar*e on neutral. Curse of a open system I guess. :huh::rolleyes: So what neck of the woods are you neighbour Graham.

I am New Moston. Morrisons must have just come down. Because our pumps read 49.9 yesterday. Glad to see your up and running. :i-m_so_happy:

is that just past the trafford centre ?? that's a good price, cheaper than what i pay round here (alty)

G

Come over Barton high level bridge heading clockwise and off at Eccles, follow signpost to A57 eccles, after about a mile and a 1/4 its on the right, just past the traffic lights at the Dog & Partridge. Open till 6pm and saturday mornings. You can get gas 24/7 if you have an account (you get a card that works the gas pump, but you have to buy £100 quids worth of gas at a time).

Located here...http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&cid=0,0,11325266241232644075&fb=1&dq=extra+gas+eccles&daddr=1+Trafford+Road,+Eccles,+Manchester,+M30&geocode=10565610815936452185,53.481929,-2.345334&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=directions-to

Its not where the green marker is lol, its on the other side of Liverpool Road, opposite the bottom of Bright Road, behind Dill's car wash.