Full Metal Jacket for Defender: purchaase difficulties

paruski

For my DefenderI want to buy a Full Metal Jacket, which I understand from their current website is sold by Laser Cuttings and Fabrications Ltd., R &S House, Clement St. Birmingham B1 2SW, West Midlands.

However, three emails have prompted no response (and I know of someone else who wants to buy two Hub-Locs and hasn't received a response, either).

Has anyone successfully contacted them recently, or tried and failed? Their phone number is 0121-237-5646 and their fax is 0121-236-9339. (I'm overseas and don't want to go to the expense of phoning them - internet phone sites blocked here).

For my DefenderI want to buy a Full Metal Jacket, which I understand from their current website is sold by Laser Cuttings and Fabrications Ltd., R &S House, Clement St. Birmingham B1 2SW, West Midlands.

However, three emails have prompted no response (and I know of someone else who wants to buy two Hub-Locs and hasn't received a response, either).

Has anyone successfully contacted them recently, or tried and failed? Their phone number is 0121-237-5646 and their fax is 0121-236-9339. (I'm overseas and don't want to go to the expense of phoning them - internet phone sites blocked here).

Hi,

I'll be in Birmingham on Friday, so I will call at that address and let you know what I find!

Never heard of the company or the product you're after though. Any more details?

Giles

The phone number 0121-237-5646 is good, someone who is 'in a meeting' is supposed to be calling me back re my query 'I've got a friend who is getting no response to emails' - we shall see.

The current address, which seems no-where on the web, is Hockley Industrial Estate, Pitsford Street, Hockley, Birmingham B18 6PT

They say it's not far from their old address.

I hadn't heard of the FMJ either, try this http://www.rs-laser-cutting.co.uk/fullmetaljacket.htm

You will note that site still gives their old address, and a phone number that didn't work outside normal hours!!

HTH

PS " ... three emails have prompted no response ".

You have checked your Spam box* haven't you?

* Wherever your mail system stores mail it doesn't think you should read.

Please excuse the ignorance!

Can I please ask what "Full metal jacket is" I understand in ballistic terms but the LR application evades me!

Many thanks James

Did you follow the link?

In this context it's a Marketing Term, so is permitted (expected even) to have only a limited relationship to reality.

The device is a lidded metal box, with appropriate cut outs, a hinge and a lock for the lid. When closed the pedals are inside the locked box, or 'Full Metal Jacket'.

This reminds me, no-one returned my call.

Chasing that I was put through to a 'Rob', I think he is the R in R&S.

He has found a likely email, and is to respond with a question about exactly which model of Defender is involved, as the pedal layout varies, apparently.

Rob tells me the web site is being revamped 'as he speaks'.

Hopefully this episode has moved the project up the to do list.

Good Luck Paruski.