Defender Fuse Block Brackets.

Hi..can anyone tell me the difference between the following part numbers? I understand they will be for different chassis numbers, but are they all the same shape? same fittings etc?

PRC2443

PRC8072

AMR3138

YQU104850

YQU000200

Number 22 on this pic;

post-2678-1227092584_thumb.jpg

(fingers crossed hoping westerns logged on!)

Many Thanks,

Matt

Guest diesel_jim

They're the same overall dimension and shape (like where the two bolts attach it to the bulkhead)

but i think you'll find the difference is the shape/size of the cut-out in the middle that holds the fuseblock itself.....

early 90/110 had the large glass fuse type holder, then 200tdi's had the blade fuse block (quite large, two rows of fuses)

my Td5 has 2 smaller blade type holders in a row.

They're the same overall dimension and shape (like where the two bolts attach it to the bulkhead)

but i think you'll find the difference is the shape/size of the cut-out in the middle that holds the fuseblock itself.....

early 90/110 had the large glass fuse type holder, then 200tdi's had the blade fuse block (quite large, two rows of fuses)

my Td5 has 2 smaller blade type holders in a row.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply, I assumed it must be something like that. I was planning on making a part to replace the original glass fuse holders with blade alternatives, but if there already available there would be little point!

Your TD5 with 2 smaller blade type holders, how many fuses will that hold? My solution should be able to take 16, 8 per row...2 more per row than my current glass fuse holder..

matt

Hi Matt,

Unlike Western, I had no end of trouble with my glass fuses, so replaced them with a fuse block available from Vehicle Wiring Products (part number FBB8U). Just a tiny bit of filing to make the panel hole slightly longer and no more problems with the electrics!

Tony