Ligth Weight Half Shafts

martifers

I have a 1968 Series 2A 2 1/4 lightweight that I use for Green Laning etc.

Strata florida Bowl broke a rear half shaft. It is not a 24 spline but looked as if it was machined and not cast.

Replaced it with a normal military halfshaft but this was slighty smaller in diameter and looked cast.

I broke this in the Peaks last weekend. Both broke at inner end and required removal of diff.

Some may say it is my driving, but I really don't want to keep breaking the short rear half shaft.

So replacement time is in order.

Do I go with the ARB lockers with strengthend half shafts (am thinking about locking diffs anyway)

Do I go to 24 spline and appropriate diff. If so do I need to change front as well?

Who are the suppliers of the strongest shafts known to man! and at a sensible price.

Some practical advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Who are the suppliers of the strongest shafts known to man! and at a sensible price.

Salisbury! Both front and rear, best option for a series i think. And at little money aswell. If you go 24 spline in the rover axle (which I have done) You're weak link will be R&P. So you would need diffpegging. No problem on a Sals..

BUT! There is an issue regarding the size of the diff! If you don't run large tyres you'll be hanging on the diff all the time. :blink: