Engine Number Help

JST

from a 300tdi

can anyone tell me anything about it from the no? ege/def/disco?

23L00784A

i also think it is incomplete, but dont know whats missing off the end, its a mate of a mates no etc.

Many thanks for any response.

from a 300tdi

can anyone tell me anything about it from the no? ege/def/disco?

23L00784A

i also think it is incomplete, but dont know whats missing off the end, its a mate of a mates no etc.

Many thanks for any response.

Can't find any info in my books about this 23L engine, but it is a complete serial number, [for example my 200Tdi is 11L00777A] so what ever vehicle it came from its a early engine, just a guess now but as mine was a retrofit engine maybe this 23L is too, could be LR kept the 007**A range of numbers in each block of engine numbers for retrofit kits.

I assume your mate/mate bought his vehicle with this engine fitted or is it waiting to be fitted?

Cheers for the info Nick and Ralph,

he purchased it as a complete engine/g/t box with all parts to fit to a defender. was jsut wondering if you coudl tell if it came from a def or disco and age really

Guest mr_wuffles

23L is Defender

If you want the exact build date, contact...

Eric Pagan

senior engineer

Land Rover Traceability

Lode Lane

West Midlands

B92 8NW

England

UK.

You will need to supply the Vehicle identification number (VIN/Chassis No) and a stamped addressed envelope for return post. There is no charge for this service, but please bear in mind that it is voluntary and could therefore take a few weeks.

Guest mr_wuffles
More likely to be from a EGR/EDC fitted Discovery, all Defender 300's are 16L so far as I'm aware.

I think most of them were defender but 23L is one of the stranger number that doesn't really show up for anything in particular if you have a search in google you'll find some links that point to this. I'll ask over on ORRP were Frida Turner show her face often enough she'd know.

Guest mr_wuffles
I have seen some 23L and I am pretty sure they were in Discoverys

Could they be the ones that replaced the engines that went bang with the timing belt problems?

Guest mr_wuffles
Well fridas thinks they're from automatics which would would add up with the extra BHP?

Okay now two ther people have said they have them in 90's ones early and ones late 1997 :blink: