2655/75R/16

keithjh

Hi just a quick mention.

My brother fitted tyres larger than recommended to his Disco 1 (200TDi) and it had some frightening handling characteristics when cornering and braking under duress which led to him going back down to the largest LR recommended sizes.

Im sure there will be a few people here to give other real world advice to the largest recommended sizes but it may be worth trying a set if possible before commiting a lot of money.

HTH

Cheers

G

^^^^ what he said...

I've also got 245/75/16 AT2's on my 300Tdi, they are fitted to standard Disco steel rims, I've got a 25mm lift on the rear (HD Springs) and all I needed to do was trim about 20mm of the trailing edge of the rear arches...

It handles much better than it did on weedy 205's and looks alright aswell...

med_gallery_169_181_32323.jpg

265/75/16s on mine. Got 30mm spring spacers and a camel cut on the rear. Handles very well but is set up for road bias with ARBars HD standard height springs, gas shocks on rear, and Koni shocks on front (with additional spring overs!). Trouble is she is a bit uncomfortable off road being so firm and m y subaru has better articulation! Heyho life is a compromise and she is mainly used for towing anyway.