water pump

PEASEY

After fitting a new head gasket,rad and thermostat my water in the header tank is stone cold even after a six mile test run,the rad is warm at the top and stone cold at the bottom and im doubtful as to wether the water is being pumped round.The heater is lovely and hot and the temp gauge sits just bellow half way,is the way to check it just to remove the pipe an see if its pumping?I havent had any strange noises or rumbling so im doubtfull its that but want to check it out,can they just go without warning?

All parts were geuine and i tested the stat before fitting because i have had brand new dodgey one from another manufacturer before,when you remove the pipe on the pump with the engine running should you get a good strong flow of water that you cant stop with your finger?

After fitting a new head gasket,rad and thermostat my water in the header tank is stone cold even after a six mile test run,the rad is warm at the top and stone cold at the bottom and im doubtful as to wether the water is being pumped round.The heater is lovely and hot and the temp gauge sits just bellow half way,is the way to check it just to remove the pipe an see if its pumping?I havent had any strange noises or rumbling so im doubtfull its that but want to check it out,can they just go without warning?

has the water got hot enough for the stat to open , or have you got an air lock when my pump went it squealed and died pretty quick if you change the pump i would change the p gasket as it will probably leak chris

I think im going to change the pump to be sure,i havent had it off yet but if im going to remove it then i may as well renew the whole lot including the p gasket.The water is hot at the top hose and im assuming that its hot enough as there is no way of checking i inside while its running but the pyrometer is saying the stat housing is between 86-92 degrees starts at 86 when warm rises after about 5 mins up to 92 then drops so again im asuming that the stat is working.I cant make it over heat but im just doubtful something doesnt seem as it should,in total it must of run for at least an hour both on my drive and my test run.I cant think that the rad should be that cold,and we are talking stone cold here,along with the water in the header.What i was thinking was theres water there but its not getting pushed round.Thanks for your thoughts mate cheers,paul.