RANGE ROVER BULL BAR

PEASEY

I bought a mint range rover bull bar as i couldnt turn down a bargain,its a full wrap around one and it doesnt have one single blemish even where it bolts to the chassie.Anyway my question is will it fit on a 94 300TDI?It did come off a range rover classic a 87 I think,are there any mods i need to make to the bumper or bull bar?Fingers crossed.

I bought a mint range rover bull bar as i couldnt turn down a bargain,its a full wrap around one and it doesnt have one single blemish even where it bolts to the chassie.Anyway my question is will it fit on a 94 300TDI?It did come off a range rover classic a 87 I think,are there any mods i need to make to the bumper or bull bar?Fingers crossed.

check out the show me your winchbumper thread theres a range rover fitted to a disco winchbumper

check out the show me your winchbumper thread theres a range rover fitted to a disco winchbumper

If your refering to the bumper I think you are then it's a Rangerover bumper on a Discovery. ;) . However I suspect that a full wrap around Rangerover bumper might be a bit snug at the wings.

Pete.

Right have been out this morning for a measure up and it appears to fit width ways on both the wings and the brackets but the bow in the 300TDI bumper makes it slope out at the top about 30 degrees(not a good look)so it looks like im going to have to get some brackets or something made up unless anyone has any other ideas.The plastic spoiler has already been trimmed and is off at the moment so i could see that it wasnt that.

Right have been out this morning for a measure up and it appears to fit width ways on both the wings and the brackets but the bow in the 300TDI bumper makes it slope out at the top about 30 degrees(not a good look)so it looks like im going to have to get some brackets or something made up unless anyone has any other ideas.The plastic spoiler has already been trimmed and is off at the moment so i could see that it wasnt that.

mine went straight on once I removed lower valance the mounting holes in brackets are elongated and allowed for a little movement I also had to remove the number plate "box and the steel fittings behind it they look like little boxes welded on the bumper but my bullbar has a place for fitting number plate so this wasn't a problem.

6cyltdi thats exactly what i have and im trying to do,by studying your picture i have seen that you have slotted the bumper to allow it to sit further back,a mate of mine is a welder/fabricator so hes going to do it for me,how far does that sit forward from the grill?Does it sit against the light washers?Looks even better than i thought it would as i havent seen mine in the on postion yet,looks awesome mate thanks for the picture.

6cyltdi thats exactly what i have and im trying to do,by studying your picture i have seen that you have slotted the bumper to allow it to sit further back,a mate of mine is a welder/fabricator so hes going to do it for me,how far does that sit forward from the grill?Does it sit against the light washers?Looks even better than i thought it would as i havent seen mine in the on postion yet,looks awesome mate thanks for the picture.

You won't need any fabrication, I the used existing bolts... Just cut slots in the bumper and with some brute force got it in, it sits upright and does not hit the light washers, I will measure distance forward for you... I took the centre plastic off then done a quick measure and cut the ends off of it, I also had to nibble the corner plastics along the side top corner and the bar sits in very neat..... Nobody's noticed any of my butchery unless I point it out to them... TBH I never really measured much as usual and got stuck in with the grinder.... All worked out well though.... :)

I would just like to say thank you to all that replied to my question,my bull bar is now on and looks fantastic i will post up a picture when i have more time .All we did was cut some slots in the original bumper and used the original bolt holes and it fits perfectly and it looks like it came out of the factory like it.There is plenty of room between the wings for a little movement if it did hit anything but i dont think its going to move as it feels rock solid as its also welded to where the slots were cut.