"BG 44K®" for Diesels

PaulN

At work we offer an additive made by Forte, we only use it to fill up fuel filters when we replace them so the vehicle is easier to start but i have tried a couple of bottles in my disco and it made a very slight difference, it might claim a lot, but i think that it makes only a tiny difference in decoking and cleaning your fuel injectors out,if it decoked your engine in an instant, and cleaned out a blocked egr valve then it would cause a lot of issues with loose carbon particles. I will say that it makes a slight difference, but not anywhere near what these additive companies claim, maybe use a bottle every couple of thousand miles but no more, the forte stuff we use it work is about £15/bottle.

Thanks 'Ashtray' and good point about the carbon particles - where would they all end up?

Is it more of a gradual clean up and so no huge residues released en-mass?

Purveyors reckon once in 12,000 miles and I just wondered if any gummy rings, valves or other bits might be loosened up a bit to provide lower likelihood of sticking?

Not supposed to be a 'Power Enhancer' or simply an injector cleaner.

Has anyone actually tried the BG 44K?

I think it will remove small amounts, there shouldnt be any carbon deposits inside the injectors, only on the surface where the jets are, now any mechanically minded person should be able to give them a light clean. the injector holes are very small so it would be unadvisable to clean these mechanically so additives will help to clean this area, but i would say that it would need to be in high concentrations to remove carbon. Carbon as a material is quite stubborn and hard to remove and if a coke can size in a 100litre tank every 12.000 miles can completely remove all carbon build up then this chemical would need to be quite corrosive. I would just stick to using v-power diesel, its made from gas, unlike other fuels which are made from crude oil. therefore it is very clean burning, has a higher octane, and it barely smells like diesel too! Its even clear. Thats what im using and im seeing a noticable improvement in driveability and performance

Great knowledgeable advice - really interesting.

Didn't know all that detail about V-Power (could open a whole new debate) so I will try it and make a comparison.

Thanks again 'Ashtray'.

PaulN.

• 2 weeks later...
I would just stick to using v-power diesel, its made from gas, unlike other fuels which are made from crude oil. therefore it is very clean burning, has a higher octane, and it barely smells like diesel too! Its even clear. Thats what im using and im seeing a noticable improvement in driveability and performance

Took your advice and have tried a tank of the V-Power - quite a remarkable difference to pulling power and performance.

It was 6p dearer than the ordinary diesel but as there are no nearby stations to us selling the stuff we can only get it when on a run.

When we get there the fuel is generally 5-6p cheaper than around here anyway so that made it nearly evens!!

(Checking mpg comparisson too)

I shall now put it in every time I can get to - so thanks - info much appreciated.

Caution using Forte . . . . . .

It decoked my Olde' Disco engine so well that it wouldn't start again & destroyed a set of injectors.

Took 5 weeks of starting with easy start until it built up enough carbon to start again without it.

It does exactly what it says on the can - so if you have an older engine - beware.

After that, I have nothing nice to say about this stuff.

On a newer/cleaner engine, you'll be fine I guess.

Now I stick with the more gentle Millers diesel system cleaner, & as described above some where, half fill the fuel filter with it, top off with diesel & start up.

You pays your money & takes your choice.