300tdi into a series 2 ?

2a-rich

i thinking to bypass the nad 2.5 with turbo conversion ,200tdi & just go for a 300tdi in my series 2 ,I this a straight swap like the 200,s or do i have to change the rear flywheel housing ,is this so? is there anything else that need to be changed ?,thanks in advance ,any help appreciated ;)

Hi there

You will deff need to change the flywheel backhousing as the 300's were fitted to the r380-type bellhousing which is different to the lt77/series type. Either 2.5na/td or 200 can be fitted but i think either need to be modified in some way(not sure,not done one myself).

Engine mounts should be bolt on,clutch might be an issue since the series2 has the built-in release bearing assy which isnt compatible with the later clutches,but could have the 300 flywheel re-drilled to take the series 2 clutch.

Hope any of this helps

Hi there

You will deff need to change the flywheel backhousing as the 300's were fitted to the r380-type bellhousing which is different to the lt77/series type. Either 2.5na/td or 200 can be fitted but i think either need to be modified in some way(not sure,not done one myself).

Engine mounts should be bolt on,clutch might be an issue since the series2 has the built-in release bearing assy which isn't compatible with the later clutches,but could have the 300 flywheel re-drilled to take the series 2 clutch.

Hope any of this helps

Hi & cheers for the info to every one BTW ;) a couple more questions ,Dose the 2.5 nad flywheel fit the 300 crank & will the 2.5 TD turbo exhaust manifold fit the 300 head do you know ?

Dose the 2.5 nad flywheel fit the 300 crank

Believe so

2.5 TD turbo exhaust manifold fit the 300 head

On the basis that 200 & 300 manifolds will swap and that Snagger has fitted 19J manifolds to a 200Tdi(but some mod needed) then yes.

Not me - that was RobHiCap. I just used the elbow for the back of the turbine casing on a TD to fit to a Def200 turbo, as it's the same part. But as Phil says, since the 200 and 300 parts are interchangeable, and a 19J manifold system has been fitted to a 200Tdi with a bit of trimming and a few clamping bars, it should go.