Out today - bit of a track near me

J@mes

Just thought I'd put these up - the second time I have driven this track, its nothing amazing but it has given me the chance to get used to using the H/L range and difflock as I haven't used them before properly.

So, here's a few of me getting slightly muddy:

At the start of the track

DSCF0534.jpg

First couple of puddles

DSCF0540.jpg

DSCF0541.jpg

Heading along the track ahead

DSCF0542.jpg

DSCF0543.jpg

Long range shot showing the landscape (and a 110 Pickup belonging to the farmer that uses the track)

DSCF0545.jpg

Top of the first slope

and the bog at the bottom

DSCF0550.jpg

DSCF0553.jpg

110 Pickup parked up for lunch!

DSCF0556.jpg

Up the next slope

DSCF0558.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF0564.jpg

quick stop half way up

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

And at the top

DSCF0571.jpg

View of where I'd just come from

DSCF0573.jpg

Another showing the track ahead (and the towbar full of mud)

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0577.jpg

The last properly(!) muddy bit before it became a bit more solid

DSCF0581.jpg

Next slope

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0584.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

DSCF0587.jpg

And back on dry land!

DSCF0589.jpg

And thanks to Bubbles Jet wash :)

DSCF0590.jpg

Just thought I'd share those with you!

:)

Edited by GBMUD
Duplicate photos removed

Nice pics,

Couple of things that might help you. They aren't tracks but (assuming you've done your homework) a public road. It might be nit picking but there's a perception by many non users that because it's not tarmac it's ot for driving on. Important distinction.

Secondly, I'm assuming that you knew what the surface was like or you've done a fair amount of green laning or sim. Only you might get stuck on those road tyres and it looks like a long walk to find the farmer :)

Sorry if this sounds a bit like "don't have fun, das verboten" just trying to be helpful.

Hi PB - It is classed as a road on the OS map I have, and was informed by the owner of the 110 that it is a council "D" road.

I had been up this track a few weeks back, and not had any trouble other than learning when difflock was required. I haven't done any off road driving before now, but took a few sensible things with me - spade, plenty of packing, mobile phone, wellies, spare clothes etc should the worse happen.

I also know that railway contractors are running JCB's up and down the track to a site half way along it, and as I work for the railway I am sure they would have helped drag me out had I got in any trouble :)

As for the road tyres...I know...lol they are the first thing that is going to be changed before trying anything more taxing!

thanks for the replies guys :)