I bought my first Land Rover

SRQlandy

I just purchase a Ex-MOD Dutch Lightweight Series III Left hand drive Diesel as my first Land Rover. I purchased it from a dealer in Southampton and it is being shipped over to Florida. I also purchased a Sankey trailer with the lightweight. Just wanted to let everyone see it. Please let me know what you think.

post-12652-1228850252_thumb.jpg

post-12652-1228850276_thumb.jpg

post-12652-1228850287_thumb.jpg

post-12652-1228850296_thumb.jpg

post-12652-1228850306_thumb.jpg

post-12652-1228850315_thumb.jpg

post-12652-1228850326_thumb.jpg

post-12652-1228850340_thumb.jpg

Very nice, the Dutch lightweights are slightly different to the UK MOD spec ones, quite interesting trucks(diesel, fuel tank capacity, and minor lighting mods, such as the indicators), one notable difference is the smaller tyres which the Dutch army had a huge stock of, and insisted they were used -LR had to alter the gearing to suit IIRC

Good to see you got a Sankey with it as well :)

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased the truck and trailer for 4000 Gbp from Brooklyn 4x4, a dealer in Southampton, England. Delt with a girl named Sarah who was a delight to do business with. I didn't know that the tires were different than the British spec lightweights. What are the sizes of the two different tires?

how much did you pay for this-if you dont mind me asking? looks pretty good. whats the history on her?

The truck has serial number of 89501909A. From what I can tell it is the last in the 895 series built, which is the Export LHD diesel lightweight trucks. This should make it a little more desirable over time. That's all I know so far, but would love any help on tracking down her history.