transfer box

pritch1

Well my landys loosing huge amounts of oil again and this time it appears to be the front oil seal on the transfeer box. ( the output for the front prop ). so ive gone underneath and it seems that the bearing is worn as well with up and down movement. I have had alook in the manual to no avail is this going to be a new box or can i change the bearing and oil seal easily?

Well my landys loosing huge amounts of oil again and this time it appears to be the front oil seal on the transfeer box. ( the output for the front prop ). so ive gone underneath and it seems that the bearing is worn as well with up and down movement. I have had alook in the manual to no avail is this going to be a new box or can i change the bearing and oil seal easily?

How much up and down movement? more than 3-5mm?

the front bearing is a rollerball type there is an amount of movement that is perfectly ok

far more likley is a worn flange that has wrecked the seal

a new flange is only £15-20 plus a genuine seal for £3-4 and the jobs is done.

I'll wager a £5 the bearing is fine

ps if I'm wrong you can change it insitu not easy but possible.