trailing arm axle mount

fatforbes

I noticed that my disco has developed a bit of a wobble mostly at high speed and whilst towing. Had a look today and the reason for this became pretty obvious. The o/s trailing arm mount to the axle has completely snapped off. has anyone had this happen before??? and is it simple to make a new mount and weld it to the axle? don't know if im right in saying this but arn't the axles cast iron?? which would make welding a little more interesting :blink:

It's not unknown...... the axles isn't cast, merely mild steel..... and as such can be welded easily, there is someone that makes replacement brackets, but my memory's gone blank.....

I havent had one snap but ive had to replace one due to rot, i think Wizardbilt do them. However when i needed one i gave steve at brooklyn 4x4 a call and he got me one in for the next day, IIRC it was something stupid like £6+vat. I think britpart actually list them, so anywhere that stocks britpart should be able to get it in for you!