Tyre Distributors

bobed90

I want to buy some new tyres in the new year. I want at least 35 inch and they have to fit a 16x8 rim as that is what i have. Ive got it down to 3 choices, Simex ET2, super swamper boggers and finally maxxis creepy crawlers.

I want to know who is going to give me the best service, and who will actually have tyres in stock rather than take my money and have to wait 8 weeks. And finally who offers the best price.

Thanks Jason

What will you be using them for as I have been nosing around a similar set up although on 10" rims and from everything I have read the Creepys are not in the same league as the ETs and Boggers.

Whilst better than a BFG MT they are not on par with the other more extreme patterns and do seem to be more of a cost effective large tyre choice.

Just something to think about to maybe narrow your decision down, oh and there is (was?) a set of creepys on rims for sale on ebay if you have a look

I have spoken to devon and they have new stock arriving on the 20th. I have seen the creepy crawlers on ebay which is why i had been considering them, they seam to be much easier to get hold of. Idealy these would be my last option though as i really want a set of boggers. Im going to be doing challenge events once i finish the rebuild on my 90.

I have allways like the look of pitbull rockers for some reason, not sure what cop they are in the british mud as they are meant for rock crawling but they look awsome. The fact that they cost 4p in the states and million pounds over here annoys me a bit :rolleyes:

The other thing to consider is the need for bead locks when you air your tyres down as I believe (I am sure some one with some real world experience will correct me if I'm wrong) the Boggers especially need a reasonably low pressure to get good lateral grip and you don't want to be pulling them off your rim.

I understand that the Simex ET2s have been reasonably hard to get hold of, demand outstripping supply, which would normally be the motivation for those rather than boggers. Boggers seem to be getting increasingly popular on the Uk challenge scene, but mainly due to the larger sizes available than ET2s.

To perfrom well all the options do need beadlocks and ideally the boggers need plenty of power to help them self-clean.

To get a good deal on boggers I'd try www.superswamper.eu the European importer. They're based in Holland near Amsterdam and if you can collect the tyres they work out much cheaper than any of the UK suppliers. Bare in mind that any imported tyres are expensive at the moment due to the weak pound.

I have allways like the look of pitbull rockers for some reason, not sure what cop they are in the british mud as they are meant for rock crawling but they look awsome. The fact that they cost 4p in the states and million pounds over here annoys me a bit :rolleyes:

The other thing to consider is the need for bead locks when you air your tyres down as I believe (I am sure some one with some real world experience will correct me if I'm wrong) the Boggers especially need a reasonably low pressure to get good lateral grip and you don't want to be pulling them off your rim.

Rockers in action on the Hi-cap :ph34r:

If you want boggers get boggers :P

Phone around and ask about stock etc...

SS eurpoe

Albert at SS Europe gets my vote, good egg. He also will do a pallet delivered to the UK for less pennies than it takes to get there to pick them up, let alone get back again :)

Boggers will shift scenery backwards regardless of pressure - if you apply enough "encouragement" ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Still trying to source some tyres. been in touch with devon 4x4 to be told again that they are waiting for a delivery at the end of the month. I have sent an email to super swamper eu and i am awaiting a reply. are there any others out there i can try that are reputable. im going to try gwyn lewis for some simex but i think he gets his of devon4x4.

I need to get some tyres soon as its holding up the rebuild of my 90.

Ive had a very quick response from super swamper eu, much faster than ive had with any uk supplier. Unfortunately i think it will be a very exspensive option with the current exchange rate as the tyres from them are 277 euros plus 19% vat plus 150 euros plus 19% vat for delivery delivery and noing the government in this country they will probably try and sting me for a bit more too. So it looks like im in for an even longer wait.