90 V8 prop problems

In the midst of my winter project and after changing my mind for the hundredth time I have decided on the V8 option. I have decided to run a V8 without the viscous unit and possibly a disco gear box with the longer nose cone. The box I've got in mind, that's still attatched to the engine, is an LT77. Just wondering if anybody's done something like this and what sort of problems I might come across. I'm still not 100% sure of the type of props I should be running. Would love to have the money to go for wide mouth carbon props, but this would probably end up costing more than I've spent on the whole truck so far, not saying I'm tight I just don't like spending money lol. I am a bit new to all this 90 stuff, someone has told me that you can use 200 or 300 tdi props and that possibly discovery front props are the same length? :blink:

Guest diesel_jim

Is this for in a defender?

In the midst of my winter project and after changing my mind for the hundredth time I have decided on the V8 option. I have decided to run a V8 without the viscous unit and possibly a disco gear box with the longer nose cone. The box I've got in mind, that's still attatched to the engine, is an LT77. Just wondering if anybody's done something like this and what sort of problems I might come across.

If it's in a discovery, and thus a disco spec LT77 (or R380 come to that), then you'll find that the gearsticks will be in the wrong place (for a defender), unless you don't mind hacking around the transmission tunnel to make them fit.

It is a standard 90 chassis and I am using a discovery engine and box. I'm not too worried about tunnel as I will probably fabricate one myself. I know I've got to move engine and gearbox mountings. The main benefit that I'm trying to achieve by using a long nose disco gearbox is trying to put the weight as much as possible over the front axle.