Can I unplug the turbo?

I suppose you can, but there will be no signal to the pump that you want more fuel with rising boost. But it's knackered anyway, so why not.

I would plug both ends, to avoid fuel escaping from the pump. Well, I don't exactly know how it works...

You can remove the boost line to the pump. You can't plug the end connected to the turbo because a bung would be forced out, but plugging the port on the pump will prevent dirt ingress. fuel doesn't go near the diaphragm, so don't worry about fuel leaks.

You can remove the boost line to the pump. You can't plug the end connected to the turbo because a bung would be forced out, but plugging the port on the pump will prevent dirt ingress. fuel doesn't go near the diaphragm, so don't worry about fuel leaks.

I unplugged it. Fuel comes out of the boost line when it's unplugged.

For some odd reason I thought you had a 200TDi - sorry :blink:

There will be fuel coming out of the boost pipe if the diaphragm is split - it will be pushed up the wastegate actuator pipe and then into the turbo, where it will enter the engine - causing wierd things to happen. I think there will be only spill rail pressure in the pipe, so unplug it from the turbo end and plug it (a 5mm bolt will fit I think - the pipe internal I/D is 4mm I think). You'll have no turbo, but then you wouldn't have had since the diaphragm split anyway. Fuel consuption will go up - mainly because it's in effect now an N/A engine and you'll be gearchanging more than normal.

Les.