A minor "HFH Moment"

FridgeFreezer

Christmas eve eve, a nice day and not much doing so I decided that, damnit, I'm going to do all the little jobs that need doing on the 109 so I can go out playing on the 28th.

Working away doing various stuff, to the point where it starts to get dark. Last job of the evening is to fill the rear diff up, so I grab my handy 5L pressure sprayer, stick the nozzle in the diff, pump pump pump "Spppptttttttttppppp" b*gger, out of EP90. Not a problem, I keep a 25L drum of it, so I grab the drum, pop the lid, and pour a gallon of lovely, fresh... lumpy... argggh! In the darkness I've grabbed an old container that's now holding waste oil :( Ar$e.

Looky round, can't find any fresh oil, it's dark and cold so I think "sod it", I'll nip out in the AM and get some fresh. Stick the sprayer under the car, tidy the tools into a neat pile and in for tea.

Today, fresh drum of EP in hand, I wander out to the garden to find an oil slick under the 109 that'd give Greenpeace palpitations - how the hell? I'd let all the pressure out of the sprayer and nothing was knocked over, turns out the nozzle was on the floor, not closed off, and the EP-gloop has siphoned from the sprayer up the tube and down onto the concrete - all but about half a litre. It's surprising just how far a gallon of old oil will spread <_<

As I said, only a minor "HFH Moment" - but I do think Nige should own up to his latest pre-Christmas moment even if it is a little OT ;)