Harness fitting

Holyzeus

barpic1.jpg

a bar fitted where the cross is marked wouldn't interfere with the current setup in the rear

Barry, it looks like that would still be a bit low to me, using this picture from above:

Drawing253-42.jpg

I guess you either need to bring the bar up or back, or possibly both....

of course I could be wrong, but without getting a protractor out it's difficult to tell from that angle...

Mark

Just to clarify. Do the 2 shoulder straps need to be attached to the frame at 2 separate points? Is a single 7/16" threaded bush welded through the cage tube with a a single rated eye bolt not considered adequate?

Tim

There needs to be four or five seperate mounting points now if harnesses are used

Just to stick my oar in - if you have to have a rollcage for this new speed challenge thingy - and if its to an msa spec cage then you should be able to take your seatbelt mounts to the rear rakers through your dog guard - but looking at your aviator pics your rollcage is all outside your truck so it hasn't got any rear rakers as such ? or i can't see any.

All i'm saying is its not msa spec with no chassis mounted rear rakers - maybe you don't need it to be ?

Just to stick my oar in - if you have to have a rollcage for this new speed challenge thingy - and if its to an msa spec cage then you should be able to take your seatbelt mounts to the rear rakers through your dog guard - but looking at your aviator pics your rollcage is all outside your truck so it hasn't got any rear rakers as such ? or i can't see any.

All i'm saying is its not msa spec with no chassis mounted rear rakers - maybe you don't need it to be ?

Jeff , this is for the new AWDC Challenger series which is a clubman level series. There is no rollcage requirement.

The XTC is a whole different ball game ;) ;)

Okay Neil - but i thought if he had rear rakers it would solve the seatbelt problem and be msa spec ?

From my point of view my truck has to be as practical as possible therefore not converting it over to full challenge spec as i do weekends away with loads of kit etc so it's a fine balancing act.

The challenger series was ideal for me but hey ho just got some thinking/working out to do :):rolleyes: