disco 1 1990 200tdi

gamekeeperjames

hi guys, this is my first post on the forum. im a member of various other land rover and 4x4 forums but stumbled across this site when performing a google search.

well had my disco since june now. not done an amazing amount to it yet. first job was to fit my cb radio and aerial. i then got new shoes for the old girl. these consisted of 235/70/16 insa turbo sahara's and white 8 spoke steelies. i then decided to be a cheap skate and make my homemade snorkel. used some 68mm guttering, silicon, flexi hose and some rubber edging on the cut part of the wing. i have since taken the rear seats out, sprayed the rear windows and put up a dog guard and ply boarding behind front 2 seats making it into a "commercial". i did this as i wanted more space and practicality for working on a pheasant shoot loading up with feedbags etc. i will finish this of by putting rubber matting in the rear load space.

i have toyed with the idea of giving the old girl a lift but as its my daily driver and im a student, i cant really afford to fix the problems which come with the extra strain the lift puts on certain parts ( so im told). oh also have a light bar that needs connecting up.

have got rebel diffguards and also finally got round to fitting my newly painted rebel steering guard, ( which was fitted on xmas eve) with the expense or loosing skin from my knuckles :D oh the joys. am happy with the way my disco is at the minute. im toying with putting a guardian tubular bumper with a bar but this will happen when and if funds allow. oh wired in 500w power inverter yesterday :D

well heres some pics. enjoy

heres how she started off

mylandy.jpg

addition of tyres and wheels and a weekends shooting :D

PICT0004.jpg

addition of homemade snorkel

P1010124.jpg

me getting ground out on my diffs ( bad times)

DSCN3715.jpg

DSCN3717.jpg

DSCN3712.jpg

windows sprayed and rear borded

P1010179.jpg

P1010179.jpg

P1010184.jpg

after a good clean from offroading at the weekend and steering guard fitted

mylandywithguard.jpg

landy-frontside.jpg

landy-rear-1.jpg

looks good so far.

any reason why you moved the lights under the light bar?

i keep hiting mine on branches but there too big to put under neath so ill eventually change them for square but if thay hit the spots then thay will hit the beacon bar so i cant win chris