diesel injector seat washer

stevegibbs

Does anyone know of a way to seal the diesel injector seat when a new copper washer still leaks. On a 300tdi.

Steve

have you heated the washer up to soften it i have heard of people using 2 washers but i dont know if this is advisable chris

If a new washer is fitted and leaks then I would look at a number of possibilities. check that the seating surfaces on both the head and injector are clean and not damaged. A scored surface or debris between surfaces could cause a leak.

The new copper washer could be defective, they are cheap enough to replace so try another just to be sure its not something that simple.

We had a similar problem on a Volvo marine engine at work and a local engineer made up a hand tool to reface the injector seat using one of the tools out of his milling machine without taking the engine out of the boat (there's less than a foot above the engine so needed a "special tool"!). Worked a treat.

Whatever you do don't try to tighten up the clamp to stop a leak. The pedestal bolt will break as they are not strong. Advice as above is good.

ill second that i tightened one on a perkins prima fitted in a maestro van and snapped it off dont take a lot of abuse that was leaking eventually 2 washers did cure it

Took some advice and annealed some new copper washers, gave the injectors a good clean that is when I found the problem the previous owner had the head skimmed after a boil up the injectors must have been tight and had been tapped out damaging the leak of seats so some carful filing and all is now well and no leaks. Now onto the next job. EGR valve and de-cat.

Steve