Has anyone used 235x85 Tyres on a Disco 1?

herman_the_tank

LR used to fit 7.50 tyres on the Camel Trophy Discovery's But I don't know if they did any bodywork alterations, 235's are only slightly wider & you might get away with no body changes.

Im using these on my disco 1

Mine is standard and i find they rub on full lock on the radius arms also there is a bit of rubbing on the rear arches when doing extreme stuff but genreally they are ok

I'm now running 7.50R16's on wolf rims on my 300 tdi its on heavy duty springs and has a camel cut and doesnt rub atm. I was running 235/70/16s on ranger alloys but they rubbed on the front radius arms on full lock, wheres they bigger tyres and wolf rims dont rub as they seen to have bit more outset I think

I have the Sahara's from insa on minem, along with zero offset 7inch rims, i have had to trim the rear of the front arches, the front of the rear arches, and also the rear of the rear arches to some degree........ can't believe how much they rubbed on mine, although i will admit i'm using an odd offsett rim..... i have a 2 inch lift aswell, so there should have been enough room, even with extended bumpstops mine still rub the top of the inner arch on full articulation, it sounds awful...... but as long as you know thats what it is you can live with it...... JUST!!

The Sahara's are i believe very slightly shorter than the special tracks, no way i could have them on mine with the current rims, but i have these rims to keep good steering lock...!!!

Can't have everything i guess....

Hi

We had a slight fall of snow. So I put my 8 spokes with well worn 235/85/16 General Grabbers on my well worn Disoc 1 and they rub the radius arms and rear wheel arches and that was only on roads. It all depends on the vehicle and how worn it is, you won't really know what it will do for sure till you try it but at that stage the things are bought. It sounds like you will be using it off road and might find a 2 inch suspension lift would really help and could be done with spacers at not a great expense. Hope this is of help.