Short prop to drive a pump from the front pulley ?

Gents,

Somewhere and I thought it was on here I have seen a picture of a very short prop shaft, two UJs and a sliding joint, used to drive a chassis mounted hydraulic pump. Try as I might with the search feature I cannot find that post. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The appication I have requires a prop of around 190mm flange to flange capable of transmitting 70Nm at 2500rpm and no load running up to 5500rpm. Any ideas on a likely source.

Happy new year to you all,

Cliff

Gents,

Somewhere and I thought it was on here I have seen a picture of a very short prop shaft, two UJs and a sliding joint, used to drive a chassis mounted hydraulic pump. Try as I might with the search feature I cannot find that post. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The appication I have requires a prop of around 190mm flange to flange capable of transmitting 70Nm at 2500rpm and no load running up to 5500rpm. Any ideas on a likely source.

Happy new year to you all,

Cliff

Send a PM to Saley, he uses the same set up on his winches, not sure what thread it was on.

Hi Cliff, you still bu$$ering about with Land Rovers then?

May be worth a look at your local tractor/farming supplier for PTO drives.

I modified one recently for a customer which consisted of a triangular formed tube with a smaller size inside

which provided a potentially very short drive which was easy to shorten.

Yes still playing with Land Rovers. I sold the old Series a good few years back and then spend years building a replacement. I tried to build a Jack of all trades (master of none!) so I use it on the road and trial it with the ARC, it's OK but not really a match for the very specialized way the challenge sport has taken over the last 4 or 5 years.

Cliff