rear lights earth

flatback90

On 110's there is a earth for each side behind the rear corner lights cover panel, attached to the end of the seat box, I'm not sure if 90's have the earths there but suspect they would.

just wondering why you would want to isolate the rear lighting/electrics ? suggest any switch used for this must have a reminder tell tale light in it, wouldn't want to be stopped for not having rear lights on would you.

Don't do it that way. If you isolate an earth the return current from say the indicators will find it's way to earth through the side/tail circuit and cause all sorts of problems, e.g. lights dimming, sidelights coming on when braking &c.

To answer your question earth's tend to be connected to the chassis rather than with a wire back to the battery. They could also be connected through the fixing screws of the lamp units.

To do the job properly you need something like a lighting switch off a military vehicle with a "convoy" position.

the reason is that i do a lot of lamping and to get to the fields we have permission on we have to pass 2 houses on the road that contain animal preservation freaks who, on seeing a vehicle pass in the dark will then leg it down their gardens to the top end of the field and make an unholy racket to alert the dangerous fluffy bunnys with the big sharp teeth. both me and the farmer are getting avery Mildly miffed off him,coz of the damage they do and me coz of the lack of bbq fodder.

Once you're off the Queen's highway, just wire a pair of foglights on the front of your car, independently of anything else and use these instead of the side/headlights. If your LR is so quiet that it can only be detected by sight in the dark, that is.

Or, make a detour down the road every evening at dusk, even if you're not shooting. They'll soon tire of it :)

Once you're off the Queen's highway, just wire a pair of foglights on the front of your car, independently of anything else and use these instead of the side/headlights. If your LR is so quiet that it can only be detected by sight in the dark, that is.

Or, make a detour down the road every evening at dusk, even if you're not shooting. They'll soon tire of it :)

its matt black with matt black wheels etc full on stealth mode!! spotlights one is a good idea think that might be the way forward hmmmm 6x150w spots thru the front window at 3am should do it... :ph34r:

Of course, for greatest stealth, park on the road and walk up (with the gun in a slip of course). Then neither the noise of the neighbours or your rattly car will alert Mr Bunny to the impending doom. Then, a silencer and supersonic ammunition mean there's no single point of sound (if you don't get any texts at the critical moment :huh:) and everything in the field stands up to see what just happened - perfect.

Of course, for greatest stealth, park on the road and walk up (with the gun in a slip of course). Then neither the noise of the neighbours or your rattly car will alert Mr Bunny to the impending doom. Then, a silencer and supersonic ammunition mean there's no single point of sound (if you don't get any texts at the critical moment :huh:) and everything in the field stands up to see what just happened - perfect.

surely u mean sub-sonic? the poachers hunters choice for silent nights!! we do park on the road and lamp in from there but the bunny lovers see the lights as thier house is on a corner so they see them as we pass. there is no other way in other than crossing three fields that we dont have permission for :angry: tried a moderated .410 shotgun the other week, bit spooky

No, supersonic. I've used subsonics in a moderated Ruger 10-22 and all you can hear is the action cycling. Unfortunately, so can the rabbits, they know exactly where you are and they run away.

With supersonics, the report comes right across the horizon so there's no point source. I found everything looks up to see what just happened because the whole world just got loud, so you've lots more contacts shining out from the lamp. You need a silencer that doesn't spit its innards across the field with the high velocity ammo tho :)

No, supersonic. I've used subsonics in a moderated Ruger 10-22 and all you can hear is the action cycling. Unfortunately, so can the rabbits, they know exactly where you are and they run away.

With supersonics, the report comes right across the horizon so there's no point source. I found everything looks up to see what just happened because the whole world just got loud, so you've lots more contacts shining out from the lamp. You need a silencer that doesn't spit its innards across the field with the high velocity ammo tho :)

hmmm never though of that will try it and let you know how the irish rabbits react!