hubs!!

V8 90 JON

my rear hub is dead bearing collapsed and damaged the seat for the oil seal...i've got a front hub which looks almost identical the only difference i can see is a 4mm difference in the wheel face to the front face ...any ideas if it will fit ok ??

As with all things LR there are a selection of hubs and stub shafts,

Whilst all hubs are interchangable, front to back only if they are the same front and back and the same as what you have that your changing if to and for

If that makes sense ?

Nige

yes kind of!! the size difference is only 4mm this will efectivly only move the half shaft 4mm further into the diff as long as the shaft dosen't botomout into the diff i can't see this being a prob ?your thoughts.. hows the hard top truck cab conversion going ?i'm assuming you also have sub zero temps..its -3 on my drive!!

yes kind of!! the size difference is only 4mm this will efectivly only move the half shaft 4mm further into the diff as long as the shaft dosen't botomout into the diff i can't see this being a prob ?your thoughts.. hows the hard top truck cab conversion going ?i'm assuming you also have sub zero temps..its -3 on my drive!!

Cold - er yeah could say - a Spanner stuck to my skin today :lol:

Hardtop off - T Cab is on Cage welding and write up tomorrow :)

Its not JUST the hubs its the stub axles that it goes on are differing widths and lengths, .....often known as Narrow bearing hubs etc

What eaxctly is the Model / year / 4x4 axle you have an issue with off, ...........I have a selection :)

Nige

its (i think ) a range rover clasic rear axle circa 1980 im going (soon) to replace the whole axle with a newer one, so a get it giong for now will do !

its (i think ) a range rover clasic rear axle circa 1980 im going (soon) to replace the whole axle with a newer one, so a get it giong for now will do !

1980 is early - thats a "Pre Efi" type

Can you loom at the end of the studs, are they balnk, or do they have a "slot" or triangle stamped into them ?

Nige