tubular roofbars for td5 disco

I don't know what you mean by tubular roof bars since all the roof bars/rails, including the standard factory ones, are tubular.

The closest thing in my mind would be the roof rail extensions. Like this:

post-1725-1231787310_thumb.jpg

If not, try a better description or a picture. Or maybe someone else has a clue.

They are a genuine LR part, so unless you try your main dealer I think that you will only get them from a scrap yard? Easy enough to remove, just screwed through the roof from inside.

For what it's worth, I am 99% sure that Disco 1 bars will fit, so that might make your search easier.

Yeap, these are genuine LR items, sold as an option when ordering - starting 2004.

Part#s:

- VIN 3A000001 to 3A789772 : CAC500020PMA + CAC500030PMA (RH and LH respectively)

- after VIN 3A798772 : CAC500140PMA + CAC5000150PMA (same as above).

These were fited to ES 'premium' models only.

rumour has it that you cant buy a set from land rover unless you have the chassis number or logbook to prove you own an ES 'premium' model!

Given that land rover dealers will be twiddling their thumbs at the moment it seems a bit daft if they wont sell you something

• 11 months later...

These were fited to ES 'premium' models only.

rumour has it that you cant buy a set from land rover unless you have the chassis number or logbook to prove you own an ES 'premium' model!

Given that land rover dealers will be twiddling their thumbs at the moment it seems a bit daft if they wont sell you something

The Metropolis disco TD5 and V8 hand them and so did the G4 discos!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

:huh:

It was me who tried to buy them from a main dealer, and even though I'm quite well known by them :lol: they couldn't (not wouldn't) sell me a pair of those roof bars, it was they who told me and showed me on the computer that they were sold for replacement only, ie to replace accident damaged ones, they were not available to buy at all.

So .......... off I toddled to see some helpful blokes in Shropshire who just happened to have a set for sale ...........

PB190083.jpg

Them Shropshire boys are indeed most helpful!

The roof bars are a dead easy direct replacement.

:D

:huh:

It was me who tried to buy them from a main dealer, and even though I'm quite well known by them :lol: they couldn't (not wouldn't) sell me a pair of those roof bars, it was they who told me and showed me on the computer that they were sold for replacement only, ie to replace accident damaged ones, they were not available to buy at all.

So .......... off I toddled to see some helpful blokes in Shropshire who just happened to have a set for sale ...........

PB190083.jpg

Them Shropshire boys are indeed most helpful!

The roof bars are a dead easy direct replacement.

I can easily get them from my dealer without any problems as you guys have mentioned but there are quite costly, I will be getting them but not at their price, how easy are they to fit? does the roof lining have to come off? and what did yours set you back

cheers

:D

• 3 weeks later...

hi seen these on a few discos around but cannot find anyone who sells them they replace the original roof bars fitted to the discovery any help on who to get them from would be good :unsure:

hi ,new to this forum but there are a set on ebay from craddock i think, bit pricey at 199 quid.let me know if you cant find them as i have the item no,

cheers ,

john