Front centre seat removal, how?

2 x bolts [iIRC 10MM Hex head] at the front of each base leg & similar bolts at the rear end, but may need a assistant under the vehicle or remove the seat box cover panel & do those from above.

Thanks, I can see the bolts at the front, but couldn't find the nuts. Removed the battery comp top and couldn't get underneath the bolts that I had seen.

Will try again.

Cheers

David

The two bolts at the front have a nut and a washer on mine - which I think was 13mm. If you open the access panel you can reach under with a ring spanner and hold them whilst you undo the bolts from the top.

The two at the back are hard to get to. There are two holding the seatbelt bracket down which I at first took to be for the seat - but you can leave those in. If you remove the side front seat base so the back folds flatter you will find another pair of bolts from behind the seat.

On my TD5 this was a torx dome head bolt - this also has a nut and washer underneath that you can reach through the hatch to get to.

When I put mine back in I replaced the rear bolts with stainless allen bolts to make future removal easier.

I have some picture at home that I can post up later if it'd help?

I took pics as I installed my cb recently and I had the centre seat out to do that.

The two bolts at the front have a nut and a washer on mine - which I think was 13mm. If you open the access panel you can reach under with a ring spanner and hold them whilst you undo the bolts from the top.

The two at the back are hard to get to. There are two holding the seatbelt bracket down which I at first took to be for the seat - but you can leave those in. If you remove the side front seat base so the back folds flatter you will find another pair of bolts from behind the seat.

On my TD5 this was a torx dome head bolt - this also has a nut and washer underneath that you can reach through the hatch to get to.

When I put mine back in I replaced the rear bolts with stainless allen bolts to make future removal easier.

I took pics as I installed my cb recently and I had the centre seat out to do that.

Excellent work good people. I will try that later.

Cheers

David

Great - that was quick!

Did yours have the torx bolts too? and can you not sell your middle seat?

No Torx, just 8mm hex heads, the back ones with a spacer to take the bolts below the box section.

I don't think anyone would be interested in a tatty middle seat, unless you know different.

Cheers

David

It is now later, and the (former) middle seat is now in the skip.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

David

get it out of skip & stick it on ebay, someone will take it off you, as the covering material can be replaced, it'll make a tidy seat with new covers, My Dad converted mine into a occasional seat for thier house by bolt some sturdy wooden legs onto it, it's good for my young nephews to sit on when Mum has a house full of visitors.

• 11 years later...
On 1/17/2009 at 1:43 PM, Anderzander said:

Hi all,

I know this thread is a number of years old but have found it invaluable! However - still got a slight problem... I can’t for the life of me seem to find the correct TX bit heads that will fit. Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance!