Miles to KM

M&S

Hi all, was wondering if it's possible to change the trip to show km on a D2? I know sometimes theres an option that isn't always in teh user guide, such as "turn key three times whilst holding reset button and singing I'm a little teapot"

Just a thought. Otherwise I'll use the GPS display.

Have You tried holding the pushbutton in for 3 or 5 seconds? That is supposed to change it. But not in all markets if I remeber correctly.

I have tried holding the button in but all it does is reset the trip.

If it can be done with a Nanocom that would be handy.

It can be changed by holding in the trip reset button. I had to do it on mine when I bought it. Can't remember how long it was, but it's definitely over 5 seconds. The number 15 springs to mind........but I'm not sure.

It''s in the handbook. Short of that, ring your local dealer and ask in the service dept. That's how I found out..

Cheers all. If you press the trip button to reset the trip to zero, then press and hold it for 2 seconds it changes to KM.

I thought I'd tried pressing and holding before. Anyway, that's handy for checking distances when abroad.

Orange, if I asked my local dealers they'd either

a) ask me for the chassis number

B) tell me my vehicle doesn't exist

c) sell me a whole new instrument pannel. Which would still be in mph!

Cheers all. If you press the trip button to reset the trip to zero, then press and hold it for 2 seconds it changes to KM.

I thought I'd tried pressing and holding before. Anyway, that's handy for checking distances when abroad.

Orange, if I asked my local dealers they'd either

a) ask me for the chassis number

B) tell me my vehicle doesn't exist

c) sell me a whole new instrument pannel. Which would still be in mph!

You need to change your dealer, then!! I've even rung mine up to find out what the code is to pair a mobile phone to the bluetooth kit in a Disco 3 that my old boss had as a courtesy car!! They were more than helpful and I think they relish the little obscure questions like that...

Any one know if this is possible with a Defender TD5?

I don't even know if the dash is the same... It won't do any damage if you try... All that will happen is the trip counter will be reset to zero.* Check the handbook...

*bear in mind that this is a Land Rover and the possibilities for things going wrong are endless... :rolleyes: ....I once turned the wipers on to clear the screen of my Range Rover and the rear exhaust silencer fell off..... :blink::D