300tdi rear springs

forkrentfitter

would enquire about h/d rear springs off a 110 then.... someone on here will know spring ratios and part numbers and no doubt will be along soon!!

i was told by a number of people who tow plant and large trailers i could not tow that much with the disco so i bought the 110.... more money wasted i suppose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would enquire about h/d rear springs off a 110 then.... someone on here will know spring ratios and part numbers and no doubt will be along soon!!

i was told by a number of people who tow plant and large trailers i could not tow that much with the disco so i bought the 110.... more money wasted i suppose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(With the exception of the Mpi - engined Discovery), all Range Rover Classics, Discoverys & Defenders can tow a max of 3500kgs with overrun brakes. IIRC they are also rated to 5000kg with coupled (air) brakes.

You can't fit Defender 110 rear springs on a Disco - they are larger in diameter (7" as opposed to 6").

Have a look here for spring rate info.

Matt

When towing with your disco doesn’t forget the max weight is everything, load, trailer. tools etc and keep the ball hitch weight to 25-40 kgs. So many people over or under load the hitch. Sorry if i'am talking to the converted but it’s one of my pet hates when i see cars with the bonnet up or the tail down when towing.

(With the exception of the Mpi - engined Discovery), all Range Rover Classics, Discoverys & Defenders can tow a max of 3500kgs with overrun brakes. IIRC they are also rated to 5000kg with coupled (air) brakes.

You can't fit Defender 110 rear springs on a Disco - they are larger in diameter (7" as opposed to 6").

Have a look here for spring rate info.

Matt

thats for the link,superb info.i recon i will be going for 90 hd regular height oe springs,as they are still progressive but a higher poundage,

When towing with your disco doesn’t forget the max weight is everything, load, trailer. tools etc and keep the ball hitch weight to 25-40 kgs. So many people over or under load the hitch. Sorry if i'am talking to the converted but it’s one of my pet hates when i see cars with the bonnet up or the tail down when towing.

i know what you mean,i have been towing for a good few years my self,and i don,t like the way my discovery "sits down" with the trailer on.

a plethera of information!! i love this forum!! i have also learned people convert salisbury axles to disk brakes and use them on the disco for better weight carrying/towing abilities!! probably not a cheap or easy option but probably better in the long run..

a plethera of information!! i love this forum!! i have also learned people convert salisbury axles to disk brakes and use them on the disco for better weight carrying/towing abilities!! probably not a cheap or easy option but probably better in the long run..
as it goes i am in the process of doing just that,i have managed to do it using rrc front hubs,rrc rear discs and calipers,just have to make the caliper mounting bracket now,will post pics and a write up when finished.