rolled 80

hi, i have biult a 300tdi auto 80, i had my first event last sunday in it. we had 1 80 roll and i couldn't help but think what do i do if i roll..i have heard of tdi's hydraulicing due to the highier compression, is this correct? can i just leave it stood for 10mins and just restart or is it best to remove the glow plugs and spin it over first? cheers.

Kill engine as fast as you can or it will run on its oil, we have rolled and never had any serious issues, worst case it went on roof and oil started coming out of snorkel and breathers but let it stand and it restarted with a little white smoke and finished the event, youtube clip, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R7aOn6inU-c&...feature=related (Grey truck),

Carl.

Last time I rolled, I didnt turn the engine off quick enough. I now have white smoke often but not all the time. How do I cure this?

alan i thought you were only lie'in on your side to rest, while the others catch up and the white smoke was a screen to save the marshal's from see'in you.

have you cleaned the pipes out as there could still be oil in them.

alan i thought you were only lie'in on your side to rest, while the others catch up and the white smoke was a screen to save the marshal's from see'in you.

have you cleaned the pipes out as there could still be oil in them.

It was winch in to its side :lol: . Which pipes?

Actually, fu** it, I am gonna put the TGV in, anyone wonna help??

yes mate i saw the vid i was round mj's on sunday nite. lots of guys race with (tractor) engines, and when i've seen them roll not really a problem just a bit more smoke. best think to do is to shut it off asap and let it stand for a bit before starting just like you would with a v8.