little lightings problem..

hi all.

wednesday night 5 of us went off night (green) laning... come 12pm ish.. my rear offside tail light and offside head lights went.. bearing in mind a had been in water over the bonnet.. next day had a look. both head light lenses all cracked (was expecting that to be honest) and one bulb blew.. fair enough.. but the rear tail light had a blown bulb.. so i changed it.. still didnt work.. tryed the wires nothing.. what you recon? and allso when i went to feed the pigs have to go though a little bit of a flooded lane. got back both head lights just give up.. the old chap recons it might be the dim dip switch??? they work on full beam!

if that is correct is how can i bypass it? i need my truck for shooting tomorrow its the last day of thew season and im not missing it haha.. but driving back in the dark will bee a little problem?

cheers sam

yeah i have but i will look in the day light in hte morning.. im hoping it only that haha or if it a replacment job i wont be able to stay for meal and beer or 2 lol

checked all the fuses.. all of them are intact. just got back from college tryed them again.. offside headlights started working agina and side light.. this is bloody annoying... i cannot trace it

Probably an earth problem. Try running an extra earth wire from the lights to the chassis.

Had this as well on a 110, took me ages to find the fault, ran that wire and sold the vehicle an hour later. Never got round to test it, but for the buyer i hope it worked...

Probably an earth problem. Try running an extra earth wire from the lights to the chassis.

Had this as well on a 110, took me ages to find the fault, ran that wire and sold the vehicle an hour later. Never got round to test it, but for the buyer i hope it worked...

thats what i was thinking.. i was behind a car a minute ago saw the reflection at the back and the light that is working was working when i haddent even turn the lights on then went off.. i thought then it might be a earth!!

right i have figgerd it now.. it a earth problem.. if i turn the lights on the green light on the dash saying the light are on doesnty come on.. still the tail light is out and side light.. sorted the head light lol the bulb had blown.. but the winker glows.. however when i push the brake peddle the green light, tail light, side lght then works.. so its a earth?

allso when i slam the bonnet the glowing winker and side then goes off and the head light come on.. :unsure: then lift the bonnet up the winker glow and side light then come back on.. and had light back off again <_<

has anyone have any bloody idea where it might be.. i have chacked all the earth points in the engine bay area!!

cheers sam

remove the rear lights cover panel inside the loadbay, under there should be a bunch of earth wires [black] check these have a good connection to the body do the left side too.

at the front each side behind the headlight is a vertical part of the inner wing, the earth wires are bolted to the front edge, check these have a good connection too.

western, i have had a look for the wires at the front.. unless im plain stupid or its just i cannot find the.. doe's anyone have a pictures of where they might be.. i allso had a thought that it might be a eart on the brake pedal switch? because when i push the brake the green light, tail light and side light works?

it's hard to see, you'll need a torch & just find the front lights wiring & follow it from the lights towards the inner arch, your looking for black wires attached by a hex head bolt/nut.

only other way is to remove the front lights & work through the hole the headlight bowl fit into.

it's hard to see, you'll need a torch & just find the front lights wiring & follow it from the lights towards the inner arch, your looking for black wires attached by a hex head bolt/nut.

only other way is to remove the front lights & work through the hole the headlight bowl fit into.

ok then thank you.. i mixed the ligths around a bit and the head light thaty didnt work now works.. but the side light and tail light haha..

cheers sam

from what you've said above sounds like just bad or corroded connectors.

errm i have conciderd the brake pedal wires..because the water did reach its ways up there..

one of the side lights did have a wire that looked like it had been cup but i rejoind that..

im not sure but i still recon its a earth.. when i press the brake pedal the side light come on and tail light as well as the green light on the dash!!

cheers sam

I'd check the earth at the rear lights - if the stop/tail light has a bad earth then when you brake the electricities will feed back through the tail light bulb which will light the sidelights up front & back, earthing through the front sidelight earth. Well, it's one of many, many possibilities for weird behaviour with dodgy earths.