So how much do you smoke?

Jason2

Hi

As the title.some say they were made like that some don't agree.What does yours do?

I have a 2 1/4 diesel that smokes a little on tick over (my mates does too) I dont want to get into changing the timing chain,pump,farting about etc as I have far too much welding and other stuff to do on it first!

Hi

I had 2 and my mate had 1 2 1/4 diesel landys all 3 of them smoked a little on tick over which cleared when driving gently, the smoke came back when accerlating hard.

chris

Thanks Chris, that makes me feel better, were you getting white or black smoke, I'm getting white! It's a lot better than it was after ajusting the timing with the injection pump but I've run out of ajustment.

Jason

I used to have a 2 1/4 diesel that used to throw out quite a lot of white smoke when cold, but got better when warm. Usual black smoke on the hills. I did get the injectors reconditioned (better than new ones of unknown quality) and that helped a bit and made a big difference to MOT emissions.

Mine smokes a bit on start-up from cold (which I thinkt hey all do) it then idles pretty good - with very little smoke (none most of the time - but occasionally hiccups and a little wisp of whitish smoke comes out)

When driving slowly there is no smoke, when driving hard on the flat there is a little black smoke, when driving hard up hill - which you have to do a fair bit round here then it smokes a lot

Hope that helps

Cold starts equal plenty of white smoke - enough to chase the dog away ( 3 bearing engine) and black smoke on normal driving conditions. The black smoke stinks a bit of oil but passes mot ok.

On cold starts, the white smoke is bad at idle but a little throttle improves and stops the engine bouncing!

Mine smokes a bit on start-up from cold (which I thinkt hey all do) it then idles pretty good - with very little smoke (none most of the time - but occasionally hiccups and a little wisp of whitish smoke comes out)

When driving slowly there is no smoke, when driving hard on the flat there is a little black smoke, when driving hard up hill - which you have to do a fair bit round here then it smokes a lot

Hope that helps

`Sounds like you could also be describing my Series III: 'Lazarus Landy'.....although, I thought the "hiccup" was actually a smoker`s cough! :D

Heavy throttle uphill produces 'epic' diesel-clag, but generally it`s just a minor blue/grey smoking polluter. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi chaps

Had the 109 booked in for a local mot (control technique) a few weeks ago and in a last vain attempt in stopping the cow from smoking broke a injector pipe (had already heard that it was easy to do) so whilst waiting for a new set cheated

Look pump off and opened up the bolt holes to get more advance on the pump! and guess what?

After being stood in a French field for over 10 years got her first time through her mot this morning

Have to say that the tester is a realy nice guy and helped her through the polution test as she still smokes

Top bollix