Speed warning

Dads Toy

Mt friend has a 300Tdi Mk1 Discovery and whenever it gets to 120kph a "dinging" noise starts and won't stop until you slow down. Apart from the obvious of not going that fast does anyone know how to disable it? I believe it comes from behind the fuse box by the drivers knee but exactly where we can't tell. I've heard that you can disconnect something to stop it but what exactly?

Thanks

Malcolm :huh:

• 3 years later...

After 3 years of owning my 1997 v8 es I finally had anuf of the gonging noise when I hit 70 mph this spoils what is otherwise a quite motorway cruiser here is what i did I removed the panel under the steering colum to revile the fuse bord then I removed the fuse board by undoing the to

8mm bolts so that I could get to the back on the back of the board is a cream coloured plastic box this can be removed from the board with a bit of a wiggle then disconnect any wireing going to the box then I took the box out and eased it apart inside is the warning buzzer it's about the size of a 10p and is black with a silver centre this has 2 solder contact strips running to it now this is the bit that sounds harsh but if your carefull works fine and won't damage anything else and is a lot more certon than cutting wires then finding you've cut the ronge ones take a flat blade screw driver and scratch across the 2 solder strips until the contacts are broken then replace every thing in reverse order to how you removed it hay prestow no more irritating bonging noise be aware that this also stops the warming gong that tells you that you have opened the door and left the keys in the ignition that this has gone is a bones to me hope this is of use to all you frustrated disco 1 users with this annoying option fitted to there trucks.

Atb pete